Saturday, December 1, 2012

Easy Street Step 2


Step 2 of Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street Mystery Quilt posted yesterday. Bonnie likes to use the Easy Angle and Companion Angle specialty rulers to efficiently cut triangles for flying geese. This step of the mystery quilt involves making 128 flying geese blocks, so I am all for efficiency. I had the Easy Angle ruler on hand, but had never used it. I was able to find the Companion Angle ruler at Jo-Ann's and with my 40% off coupon, was able to snag it for around $5.00.

This afternoon I used both rulers to good advantage in cutting the pieces necessary to make the flying geese units. This evening will see me at my trusty Featherweight chain piecing like crazy.  Adele playing in the background should speed things along.

For those who are interested, Bonnie has a good instructional video on her web site showing how she uses these rulers. You can find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G6f6XIpd0Uk

No comments:

Post a Comment