Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Two of Us


I started working on the new BOM at TheQuiltShow.com in January. The pattern started out with the sashings (the green ones in photo above). Then in month 2, instructions for the second set of sashings were published. I couldn't settle on a color scheme and found it difficult working backwards as it were from sashing to main block. So, rather than flail around wasting fabric, I set all aside until instructions for the main blocks, New York Beauty, were posted. That happened on March 1 and I have been happily machine piecing ever since. The red violet backgrounds will also probably be scrappy as there isn't enough of the Cherrywood fabric on hand to make the entire quilt. Or maybe I will buy more. Who knows? It may seem like a disorganized way to work, but I have run into several of the big name quilt people who do the same, so I can claim good company if nothing else.

1 comment:

  1. the colours work very well together, look to see the finished quilt,

    ReplyDelete