Monday, January 27, 2014

Baby Quilt Top Finished!



The baby quilt top is finished and ready for layering, basting, and quilting. I am fighting a cold right now and seem to run out of steam before getting much accomplished. There is a quilt retreat coming up this weekend and I am hope to get some UFOs into WIP status.

Over at Inbox Jaunt, I am following with interest the idea of  a quilt notebook and have gone so far as purchasing a quadrille lined notebook. Now, the first task is to list all of one's UFOs and this has me stopped in my tracks. Do I really want to do this? How honest should I be? This is going to take a lot of effort not to mention time. Did I mention a retreat coming up this weekend? Maybe this is a door that should be left closed? Hmmm....gotta think about this some more.

A warm welcome to my latest follower, Tina! Happy to have you along for the ride.



7 comments:

  1. Well, you must be feeling a little better. It looks great!

    I would say the door is already open if you are thinking about all those old projects. Honesty is the best policy, especially with yourself! It can feel really good to let some projects go, too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the quilt has turned out beautifully, re the book I feel if you are going to do it you should be honest with yourself or there is not much point as you will know you have not put them all in. Have a good retreat and hope the cold is well and truly over with now

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely baby quilt! I feel your pain: do I really want to face in black and white the scope of my unfinished projects?! I cleaned and straightened my sewing room last weekend and found a half-dozen--ouch. Get well soon and enjoy your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I woke up this morning thinking of yet another UFO. The list is up to 15 now. Maybe I should stop. That's the bad news. The good news is that I have pulled one of them to the top of the pile and have begun working on it again. It is the 2013 TQS BOM. See it here: http://www.thequiltshow.com/os/bom2.php. I am further along on it than I remembered and this morning I finished paper piecing all the arcs for the New 36 new York Beauty blocks. It is going with me on retreat.
      The listing of all my UFOs is having a good effect in the long run. I understand in reflecting on each one why I stopped working on them. In most cases it is because of the tedium of the repetition of sewing tasks. I like challenging projects, but I need to remember that challenge is also a double edged sword.

      Delete
    2. Tedium vs. challenge -- we're the same there, Mary Ellen!

      Delete