Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Out of the Box



Out of the box. Up and running. Finishing up a QOV. So much fun to sew on this machine.

And here is the first quilt top I completed with the new machine.


There may be some rail fence blocks that went in the "wrong" way, but honestly, I can't tell. There is supposedly a pattern, but I can't see it. I will be quilting this top and the first QOV quilt I made on the new Bernina. While at the Ricky Tims Super Seminar in Cedar Rapids last week, one of the sponsors of the event was Pine Needles quilt store. I found two different spools of thread at Pine Needles in a red, white, and blue colorway that will be used to quilt these tops. If you ever find yourself in Cedar Rapids, IA, treat yourself and visit this store. The selection and customer service are top notch.

I taught myself to free motion quilt - more or less. The results were not always what I had hoped for. The new machine has a stitch regulator and I am hoping it will make a difference in the quality of my quilting. Some quilters have said that once they learned to free motion quilt, using a stitch regulator messed them up. I will report back on my experience with the gadget.

3 comments:

  1. That is a great design for QoV. It sounds like you are having fun! I'll be interested to hear how the stitch regulator works for -- it seems like such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new baby. You will love her!
    Interested to hear your review of the BSR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a super new machine you have there, the auilt looks super too and I am sure the quilting will be great, sounds a good idea using the 3 colour thread,

    ReplyDelete