Sunday, September 21, 2014

Blue Bird of Happiness


September's hexie block, a blue bird, is finished although not appliqued onto a background just yet. On my way to my LQS for that and fabric for a new project.


Shopping completed! This doesn't look like much at the moment, but it is the background for an African elephant, soon to appear. The fabric in the lower left side is a piece of authentic African batik salvaged from clothing. The friend who gave it to me spent two years in Accra, Ghana in the early 1990s. She had several outfits made for herself while there. Not having a use for them when she was back home, she gifted them to me. I have been parsing them out over the ensuing years and they have appeared in various projects. This particular project will be a gift for her first grandchild. I promised a baby quilt, but this will be a wallhanging, so I guess I am still on the hook for a baby quilt.

1 comment:

  1. hexies looking great only 3 to go and we will have done them all till next year. the elephant wall hanging sounds a lovely idea for a baby and the fabrics look lovely, especially like the batik one and the multi coloured one really caught my eye

    ReplyDelete