Monday, December 1, 2014

Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt Step 1



Bonnie Hunter has posted clue #1 of her 2014 mystery quilt, Grand Illusion. I completed part of step one today. All 280 half square triangles are done. They were made using her preferred method using the Easy Angle ruler. From 200 of the HSTs we are to make 100 broken dishes blocks as above. I have completed 22 so far. Of course, we have no idea how they will be used in the final quilt (it's a mystery, remember?), so these two layouts are just "because." Here are the rest of my HSTs:



It's not too late to join in the fun. For complete information about the mystery, click on the Grand Illusion button to the right of the post. To see what everyone else is up to, click here.

9 comments:

  1. Looking fantabulous ME! Wish we lived closer so we could have fun with the mystery together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me, too. AND I could maybe perhaps pretty please try out your die cutter? I will have to ask Santa for one. I guess I haven't really entertained the notion of buying one because of buting all the various dies. How did you happen to have the ones for this week's clue already?

      Delete
  2. I love all your saturated colours, Mary Ellen! It looks great so far! You must have been sewing non-stop this weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bright colors, I look forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got such great colors. The basket of HSTs reminds me of watermelon slices. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great block but if there are 100 of these will there be other block designs too? looks like it will be an enormous quilt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that there will be more blocks as there are several clues left to go. This was only clue #1. These blocks finish at 4". The photos show four blocks put together, which is not how they will be positioned in the quilt. The measurements of the quilt, as posted by Bonnie, are 88" x 88".

      Delete
  6. Love how your Grand Illusion is coming along Mary, beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your bright colored fabrics and your suggested layouts!

    ReplyDelete