Friday, December 11, 2015

Allietare Clue #3 in the Bag!


I finished 120+ (7 extra) gold and neutral four-patch blocks today. I am following along with Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Winter Mystery, Allietare. These are nice and accurate, too, if I do say so myself. I am being pickier about my piecing this time around. I learned the hard way to do it right and correct inaccuracies as I go along. It will really pay off when the big reveal comes. Things should go together and fit well. To find out what everyone else is doing on this mystery, go to Quiltville's Monday Mystery Link-Up.

I used the June Tailor Shape Cut to cross cut the strips into paired units for piecing. I cut a few of the 2" strips at first using the Shape cut, but found they weren't coming out as uniform and precise as they should have. Switching to a conventional ruler and then sewing the strips with a good 1/4" seam, the strips nested together nicely and lined up really well. Using the Shape Cut to cross cut the lined up strips was fast and accurate. There were very few that had to be adjusted or resewn.

The 36 neutrals pieces I will cut tomorrow. It's our guild's Christmas party and I need to shower and dress for dinner and the meeting.

15 comments:

  1. LOL! No flies on you. :D That's a pretty range of golds you have.

    I was relieved when I saw how easy the clue was this week. I finished up Week 2 and started to cut my gold strips earlier today. I guess I'll blog them both on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty 4 patches..I enjoyed making these cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was happy to stitch the 4-patches. With all of Bonnie's sewing of String blocks she's been doing I was afraid she had some in this Mystery. I am happy to see them sewn into a different quilt this week-end. I know I shouldn't speak too soon. Friday is coming again with the next clue. She's got me guessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping for some string piecing actually. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful range of golds. Love the four patches. Such fun and the clues seem easier this year...or is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easier, for sure. So far. Don't count your chickens...

      Delete
  5. Beautiful four-patches served on a silver platter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!
    Thanks for your kind comment in italian :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it only that clues are easier or that we have become more profficient? Anyway there are still many units to come until the reveal...
    I love your fabrics. Actually I believe there is a couple I've used myself (like the honeycomb in the 4P that is bottom left).

    ReplyDelete