Saturday, January 2, 2016

First Finish of 2016


My first finish of 2016! The pattern is Peppermint Pinwheels from Sujata Shah's book, "Cultural Fusion." It's the third one I made from her book; the first two were Rail Fence quilts. A fourth has been barely started - Winter.

Today would have been my father's 99th birthday. He loved bowling, ice skating, and pie. Happy birthday, Dad! I miss you.


Bonnie Hunter posted the big reveal of her 2015 Winter Mystery quilt, Allietare, on New Years Eve. It's a stunner. I was able to keep up with all the clues, so next up will be assembling the pieces into a quilt top. I made myself finish the Pinwheels quilt before tackling Allietare, knowing that if I didn't the Pinwheels quilt could easily become a UFO!

3 comments:

  1. good to see a finish so early in the year. Like you I miss my Dad, lost him in 1984 when he was 73 so would have been 106 this year.My girls laugh as everytime I bring out my electric carving knife I say Dad bought me this hasn`t it lasted well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the finish! I like the unobtrusive binding you used -- it really lets the blocks shine.

    I'm looking forward to seeing your Allietare! I think your light grey fabric that you were worried about, will be perfect after all!

    ReplyDelete